Friday, January 4, 2013

Mystery Road Shoe

Food for thought --

I saw a mystery road shoe the other day while driving . It was all by itself on an overpass bridge, sitting there all sad and abandoned looking, just a lone sneaker on a cold, gray windy highway. Every time I see one of these mystery road shoes, it makes me wonder. Where did it come from? Who did it belong to? How did it get there?


I think of all the reasons a shoe might wind up alone on the road. Silliness? Accident? Anger? Gravity?  How could someone not miss a shoe? Sometimes the shoes are in pretty good shape, something I'd miss if lost. I've seen sneakers, work boots, sandals, and slippers. I never do see high heels (maybe that says something about where I live!).

Why wouldn't someone go back and get their shoe?

It's something that's teased me for years. I know there are perfectly reasonable answers to the mystery road shoe questions, but maybe...

Maybe the mystery road shoes appear to give me something to be curious about.

Who knows?  

1 comment: